The Fishing Competition will start at 7pm on Monday 28th July from the middle pier, Arinagour.
The best presented boat will be at 6:30pm.
All boats to be back at the middle pier by 9pm.
Registration is £10 per boat, please register your boat at Island stores.
Fishing for tiddlers and adults from the Big Pier after the start of the Boat Competition.
The best dressed boat will be judged from the middle pier at 6:45pm before the fishing competition gets underway, 1st prize 1.5 Litre bottle of whisky plus The Coll Hotel Trophy, 2nd prize a bottle of whisky.
Coll Fishing Competition Rules
1. The competition will run from 7 pm to 9 pm and entry fee is £10. The start is at the Middle Pier and finish at the Middle Pier. Owners of large and/or fast craft should pay due heed to other competitors. Any boat causing a dangerous wake or being driven without due consideration for others may be disqualified. Small boats are advised to start from close to the pier and larger vessels further out.
2. At the end of the event a FIVE MINUTE warning rocket will be fired at 2055. A FULL TIME rocket will be fired at 2100. Any boat arriving at the middle pier after the 2100 rocket will not be allowed to enter their catch.
3. A maximum of three people will be allowed in each boat and of these one MUST be a visitor (for example a boat crewed by only two must still have a minimum of one visitor). The three people will be a Skipper, a Mate and a Visitor. A Visitor will be anyone not resident in Coll, not a house owner in Coll or not a native of Coll. A Mate and /or skipper may be a visitor or a local.
4. The Skipper/Mate of each boat will be responsible for delivering the total catch to the weighing area at the pier.
5. The Skipper of each boat will be responsible for obtaining an entry form from Neil Morrison at Island Stores
6. The heaviest fish (local and visitor) will be handed in for weighing.
7. Only feather ‘darrows’ may be used for catching fish. Spare darrows may be carried on all boats.
8. No electronic devices such as echo locators, fish finders etc., may be used.
9. The permitted fishing area will be between Eilean na h-Aornan ( GR 256 593) and Arnesgeir (Bogha-Mor) (GR 216 543).
10. Any boat, in the opinion of the Committee, in breach of any of the above rules will be ineligible for ANY award in each of the categories.
11. The skipper of each boat will be responsible for the safety and insurance of his boat and the crew therein. The Committee accepts no responsibility for the safety of boats or people onboard.