My name is Tony Oliver and I run this web site in my spare time and I profoundly apologise that this is not a very interesting page!
First, this is not an 'official' site about Coll, whatever that may mean, it is my site and I'll put my hand up if you have any queries or issues. The plus side, as I see it, is that I have no one to answer to. If you don't like my site you may freely look elsewhere for inspiration about this wee island, I will not be offended.
Nothing on this site is 'law' or 'the gospel', most is just opinion or gathered information. However, I endeavour to keep information as up to date as possible but I am NOT responsible for any errors or mishaps in your travel or accommodation arrangements should anything go wrong following what you may have read, or thought you may have read, here. If you have any comments please address them to me or the author of individual pages. Comments attached to a pint (real ale please), or a large Caol Ila, will receive my utmost and preferential treatment.
I try to get as many others as possible involved in this site. E.g. John Fraser has written an excellent page about our Fire & Rescue Team, and more are being arm twisted into doing similar.
Accommodation, artisans, eating out and shop pages are written by their respective owners and they are responsible for their content and keeping their pages up to date.
Any suggestions for further content, offers of help etc are always welcome. Please feel free to contact me if you find any errors or important omissions, it's easy to miss the obvious at times.
- Copyright of this site and programme code belongs to Tony Oliver.
- Copyright of images and text associated with accommodation, eating out, artisans, poems and shop pages belongs to the authors of those pages and they should be asked before any images are used.
- Copyright of images on the visitors photos page belongs to each photographer (hopefully) and they need to be asked before any image is used.
- Copyright of ALL other images (i.e. the vast majority) belongs to Tony Oliver and they may not be used elsewhere without my permission. The only page where you may download images is the Free Wallpapers page and these may only be used as wallpaper on your computer.
- All mapping of Coll is based on a 1947 O.S. map and O.S. retain copyright to that. However, the copyright of this interpretation/design and actionscript code of the mapping belongs to Tony Oliver.
Visitcoll does not have any advertising so please do not ask for advertising links etc.
Facebook, Twitter and similar nonsense:-
Visitcoll has no presence on either of these and probably never will. The lifting of my images onto any Facebook page is NOT allowed.
This site is best viewed on a monitor at least 1024 pixels wide and is best viewed with Flash Player v6 (or later) installed. Some companies sadly forbid the showing of Flash and/or scripting on their office computers, in which case your enjoyment may be limited. The same flash files are actually banned by Apple from showing on their iPod, iPhone and iPad - please take this up with Apple as it's quite simply, disgraceful. Despite this, the site is slowly being changed and all Flash content will be replaced with iCompatible equivalents. Unfortunately, this is time consuming so please be patient.
If you find any issues with different Operating Systems and/or web browsers, please tell me.
The site is regularly tested on Linux Ubuntu: Firefox & Google Chrome; Linux Raspian: Epiphany, Midori ; MAC: Firefox & Safari; PC: Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer & Opera.
Currently this site isn't particularly mobile phone friendly although this will change in the near future. Mobile coverage is so poor on Coll there's little point in my owning one.